Arby’s Roast Beef: Everything You Need to Know About This Fan Favorite
Arby’s emerged as a unique restaurant daring to do something different than what every other fast-food restaurant was doing at the time, which was hamburgers. They broke into the scene with their classic roast beef sandwiches.
Since then, their menu has greatly expanded to include many different options for their guests. Although, Arby’s roast beef still holds as their most popular menu item.
Arby’s Roast Beef is cut from the round roast of beef. Roast beef sandwiches cost between $4 and $7 and contain 300 to 800 calories. While Arby’s does not sell roast beef by the pound, you can purchase their deli meat by the pound. The Classic Roast Beef Sandwich is one of the healthiest items on Arby’s menu.
In this article, we’ll cover Arby’s roast beef in detail, including the price and nutrition facts for each sandwich, whether Arby’s roast beef is healthy, and more!
Click below to get your favorite food delivered with Grubhub or DoorDash!
What Cut of Meat is Arby’s Roast Beef?
Arby’s roast beef is the round roast cut of beef. The roast arrives at the restaurant pre-packaged in a self-basting solution, where it is then roasted in the oven for 3 hours and sliced.
There have been rumors suggesting that Arby’s roast beef is imitation meat made from liquid, gelatin, etc. However, Arby’s quality assurance team says that the statement is just a rumor.
The self-basting solution that the beef is pre-packaged in is a gelatinized broth. The rumor likely spawned from someone who did not understand that the beef in the package is real.
The broth ensures the beef stays juicy throughout the shipping, roasting, and slicing process.
What Is the Price of an Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwich?
Arby’s offers several different sandwiches for their fan-favorite – roast beef. Below, Arby’s roast beef sandwiches are listed with the respective price. Keep in mind that menu prices may vary by location.
|Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwiches||Price|
|Classic Roast Beef||$3.99|
|Double Roast Beef||$5.29|
|Half-Pound Roast Beef||$6.29|
|Classic Beef N’ Cheddar||$4.39|
|Double Beef N’ Cheddar||$5.99|
|Half Pound Beef N’ Cheddar||$6.99|
|Classic French Dip & Swiss||$5.19|
|Jalapeno Roast Beef Slider||$1.69|
|Roast Beef Slider||$1.69|
|Roast Beef Slider Kids Meal||$1.00|
Roast beef fans can also take advantage of a few Arby’s specials that include the iconic roast beef sandwiches.
- 5 for $10: Get 5 Classic Roast Beef Sandwiches for just $10. (Saves you $9.95!)
- 2 for $6: Formally known as the 2 for $5 deal, but Arby’s has since raised their prices. You can mix and match the following – Classic Beef N’ Cheddar, Classic Roast Beef, or Premium 9-Piece Chicken Nuggets.
- $1 Classic Roast Beef: Arby’s runs this special on and off throughout the year. Keep an eye out on your local Arby’s sign for the announcement of the promo or sign-up for Arby’s email list to get notified. (By signing up, you get 50% off your next sandwich!)
Does Arby’s Sell Roast Beef by the Pound?
If you are interested in purchasing Arby’s deli meat without the bread and fixings, you can do so. Arby’s sells their roasted turkey, ham, and corned beef by the pound. However, unfortunately, Arby’s roast beef is not sold by the pound.
Arby’s states they conducted a survey when determining which deli meats they would sell by the pound, and customers responded that they only preferred cold-cut deli meats. Since roast beef requires to be warmed and roasted, it was excluded.
You can “bring home the meats” by driving through the drive-thru and ordering the roasted turkey, ham, and corned beef by the ½ pound ($4.99) or the pound ($8.99) at participating locations.
Fill up with our famous Roast Beef sandwich & a veggie-packed side salad for less than 500 calories! pic.twitter.com/VaMeNQYP— Arby’s – We Have The Nuggets (@Arbys) June 7, 2012
How Many Calories Are in an Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwich?
Calories in Arby’s Roast Beef sandwiches vary significantly among all their different, unique sandwiches choices. Total calories in each Arby’s Roast Beef sandwiches are:
|Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwiches||Calories|
|Classic Roast Beef||360|
|Double Roast Beef||510|
|Half-Pound Roast Beef||610|
|Classic Beef N’ Cheddar||450|
|Double Beef N’ Cheddar||630|
|Half Pound Beef N’ Cheddar||740|
|Classic French Dip & Swiss||540|
|Jalapeno Roast Beef Slider||220|
|Roast Beef Slider||210|
|Roast Beef Slider Kids Meal||550|
The calories listed above are just for the individual sandwich. If you purchase the meal combo, then you will need to add additional calories to the above.
Extra calories depend on the drink and whether you choose curly or crinkle fries, but here are the averages:
- Small Combo: add about 600 calories
- Medium Combo: add about 750 calories
- Large Combo: add about 850 calories
What Are the Ingredients in Arby’s Roast Beef?
Every Arby’s Roast Beef sandwich contains its traditional roast beef. Each sandwich has unique toppings, sauces, and buns that make the sandwich what it is. Let’s dive into the specific sandwiches.
- Classic Roast Beef: Exactly that! Classic roast beef served on a sesame bun. No frills.
- Beef N’ Cheddar: Topped with a cheddar cheese sauce and red ranch sauce served on an onion roll.
- Classic French Dip & Swiss: Topped with au jus and swiss cheese on a sub roll.
- Smoked Brisket: Topped with a smoky Q sauce, mayo, smoked gouda cheese, and crispy onions on a star-cut bun.
- Classic Roast Beef Slider: roast beef and swiss cheese on a split-top bun. If you are looking for a bit of spice, the Jalapeno Roast Beef Slider adds jalapeno peppers to the Classic Slider.
As far as common allergens, all Arby’s roast beef sandwiches contain soy and wheat. In addition, the Beef N’ Cheddar and Classic French Dip contain milk, soy, and wheat. Lastly, the Brisket contains eggs, milk, soy, and wheat.
What Is Arby’s Super Roast Beef?
For those who don’t want to fancy up their roast beef with cheese or peppers, you can also order the Arby’s Super Roast Beef dressed with green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, and red ranch sauce.
The Super Roast Beef sandwich is a part of Arby’s secret menu, so even though you may not see it at your local drive-thru, you are still able to ask the Arby’s drive-thru attendant for one.
The sandwich rounds out at 440 calories, and prices vary by location.
Is Arby’s Roast Beef Healthy?
Arby’s Classic Roast Beef sandwich is the lowest calorie item available on Arby’s menu, even when compared to the salads. While low in calories and one of the healthiest options on the menu, the Classic Roast Beef sandwich contains almost half of the amount of sodium you should consume in a day.
There are a few tips you can consider if you are looking for healthier or lower calorie options:
- Stay away from ordering the combo meal as fries and soda add a ton of extra calories.
- If you do order the combo, ask for the “snack-sized” fries and a small drink, sub the fries for a side salad with Italian or balsamic dressing, and chose a low-calorie, low-sugar drink option like diet soda, lemonade, or unsweetened iced tea
- Order the Classic Roast Beef Sandwich (lowest in calories and fat)
- Order the kid’s meal. Kid’s meals tend to be the standard portion size we adults should be eating anyways. The Roast Beef Slider Kid’s Meal is only 550 calories.
Arby’s Classic Roast Beef sandwich is one of the healthiest options on the menu. But unfortunately, while it’s low in calories, it’s high in sodium.
We covered everything you need to know about Arby’s fan-favorite roast beef sandwiches. Among the many options available on the menu, you now know the price, calories, ingredients, and common allergens of each sandwich.
Take advantage of Arby’s deals and promos because their roast beef sandwich options are often included in them. Also, consider our tips to make your Arby’s roast beef meals healthier by lowering the calories!
Lastly, don’t forget to check with your local Arby’s restaurants to see if they offer deli meat by the pound so you can “bring home the meats.”
If you’re interested in finding out more tips about Arby’s, check out the related articles below.