Whole Foods Gift Cards: Where to Buy and How to Use Them
Whether to celebrate a special occasion or for another reason, you can never go wrong with a gift card. While you might be quick to reach for that Amazon or Starbucks gift card, you should also consider a Whole Foods gift card for your loved ones.
You can purchase Whole Foods gift cards at Whole Foods stores, on their website, on Amazon, or at CVS. The good thing about Whole Foods gift cards is that they never expire and can be redeemed at any Whole Foods location.
However, there are a couple of downsides. Unfortunately, you cannot use Whole Foods gift cards online, including Amazon. They also cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. So if you are okay with these limitations, keep on reading!
In this article, I will cover everything you need to know about Whole Foods gift cards, including how to purchase them, check your balance, and more.
Thank you for reaching out, Vladimer. You can buy Whole Foods Market gift cards on our website! Select “Shop Online” and select the gift cards option. You are able to purchase a physical or digital gift card. Here is the link: https://t.co/ZiUO0bZJb9— Whole Foods Market (@WholeFoods) March 15, 2018
Where Can You Buy Whole Foods Gift Cards?
You can buy Whole Foods gift cards in-store at Whole Foods or online at their website. You can also purchase them at CVS and on Amazon. However, you cannot get them at Walgreens or Walmart.
Whole Foods offers two types of gift cards – physical and e-gift cards. For physical gift cards, you can go to your local Whole Foods Market and purchase a gift card in-store.
You can also go to the Whole Foods website and purchase a gift card online. The gift card ships free anywhere in the United States with standard USPS shipping.
Additionally, certain CVS locations carry Whole Foods gift cards as well.
If you want to find out if your local CVS carries them, you can either go there or call their customer service number at 1 (800) 746-7282.
Customer service representatives will connect you to your local CVS store, then one of the employees will confirm if that location sells them.
For e-gift cards, you can go to the Whole Foods website and purchase one online.
After purchasing the e-gift card, it will be immediately delivered via email or text message to the recipient.
This is perfect when you need a last-minute gift but do not have time to go to a store!
You can also purchase a Whole Foods e-gift card on Amazon.
Simply go online to Amazon’s website, type “Whole Foods gift card” into the search bar at the top of the screen, and choose the one you want. In most cases, the gift card will be delivered to the recipient’s email address.
Unfortunately, Walgreens does not sell Whole Foods gift cards.
So, if you are looking to purchase one, your best options would be to go to your local Whole Foods Market, buy it online at the Whole Foods website or Amazon, and possibly at your local CVS.
How to Buy Whole Foods Gift Cards
You can purchase Whole Foods gift cards at any Whole Foods Market store or online. Purchasing in-store is done at the register or online via the Whole Foods gift cards page. If you purchase it online, you can choose the card design, amount, and delivery method.
You can follow the step-by-step instructions below to purchase a Whole Foods gift card on their website:
1. Go to wholefoodsmarket.com, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and select “Gift Cards” in the bottom left corner under “Shopping.”
2. Select the type of gift card you want – physical or e-gift card.
3. Customize your card by choosing the card design, recipient’s name, sender name, amount, quantity, and message. The amount can be as little as $5 all the way up to $500, and you can add up to 30 gift cards in a single order.
4. Enter the shipping information. You can send it to yourself if you want to give it to the recipient in person, or you can send it directly to them. All orders will be processed the following business day and shipped within two business days.
5. Select the shipping option and add the gift card to your cart. Standard USPS shipping (7-12 business days) is free. However, if you need the gift card quicker than that, you can select one of the expedited shipping options that range from $9.95-$19.95.
6. Once you have added the gift card(s) to your cart, select “checkout” on the right side of the screen.
7. Enter your valid credit card information. MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted.
8. Enter your billing information.
9. Enter your phone number and email address, check the “I agree” box below, and select “Purchase.”
If you want to purchase your Whole Foods gift card on Amazon, you will want to follow these steps:
- Go to Amazon.com.
- Type in “Whole Foods gift card” in the search bar at the top of the screen, then hit enter.
- You will see three different options – a physical gift card that allows you to choose an amount from $25 to $200, a pack of 3 $25 gift cards for a total of $75, and an e-gift card that allows you to choose the card design and an amount of $25 to $200. Select one of the three options.
- Once you have selected the gift card you want and the amount, select “add to cart” or “buy now” for a quicker checkout process.
- Enter a valid credit card, the address or email address of the recipient, and place your order.
If you purchase one of the physical gift cards, it can take anywhere from 5-7 business days for delivery.
However, if you have Amazon Prime, you can get fast and free same-day or next-day delivery.
If you choose the Whole Foods e-gift card, you can set the day you want it delivered to the recipient’s email address.
You can choose a date as soon as today or as far in advance as a year from today.
Hi Kathleen, sorry for any inconvenience. Unfortunately Whole Foods Market gift cards cannot be used for online purchases including catering and meals on https://t.co/TWRoaFZk0V. We’ll be sure to share your feedback with our internal team for review.— Whole Foods Market (@WholeFoods) December 17, 2020
Can You Use Whole Foods Gift Cards Online?
As I mentioned previously, this is one of the limitations. Unfortunately, you cannot use Whole Foods gift cards online, including Amazon. If you are going to use your gift card, you will need to do so in a Whole Foods store.
Whole Foods gift cards cannot be used for online purchases, including catering and meals on their website.
Additionally, they cannot be used for grocery delivery through Amazon or other third-party partners.
Thanks for asking! You can go to https://t.co/ICwnjVksDb , and scroll to the bottom to check to your gift card balance. We hope this helps.— Whole Foods Market (@WholeFoods) February 14, 2021
How to Check Your Whole Foods Gift Card Balance
You can check the balance on your Whole Foods gift card online at the Whole Foods gift cards page, call 1-866-936-2255, or in any Whole Foods store with the cashier at the register.
If you want to check the balance of your card online, follow these steps:
- Go to the Whole Foods website, scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Gift Cards” on the bottom left side of the screen under “Shopping.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. On the right-hand side, you will see “Check the balance.”
- Below “Check the balance,” you will see a spot to enter the card number and the PIN. Enter the numbers in the designated spots.
- Once you enter the card number and the PIN, click on “check balance” to see how much money is left on the card.
Another way to check the balance on your gift card is by calling 1-866-936-2255. A customer service representative will ask for the card number and the PIN to check the balance.
Lastly, if you do not want to check the balance online or call the number, you can go into your local Whole Foods market.
Any cashier at the registers will be able to check the balance for you right then and there.
If there is nothing left on the card, they will probably even offer to get rid of it for you.
Do Whole Foods Gift Cards Expire?
Luckily, Whole Foods gift cards never expire and can be redeemed at any time at any Whole Foods store, regardless of how long you have had them.
Since they never expire, you can buy them in bulk for all your friends, family, coworkers, etc., without worry.
In fact, Whole Foods Market has a corporate gift card program that is an excellent option when you want to purchase more than 30 gift cards at a time or over $1,000 worth of gift cards.
Simply submit a form online, and they will reach out to you within two business days to collect your order details, process your payment and fulfill your order.
They even offer discounts for bulk gift card purchases, so go ahead and stock up to give out to anyone at any time!
However, keep in mind that they are non-refundable. So, you cannot return the card if you change your mind after purchasing it.
Another good news is that they are not just limited to the United States.
You can use a Whole Foods gift card purchased in the U.S at any Whole Foods store in Canada and vice versa.
However, you cannot use one purchased in the U.S and Canada at Whole Foods stores in the U.K.
In addition, Whole Foods gift cards purchased in the U.K cannot be used in North America.
What If You Lost Your Whole Foods Gift Card?
Unfortunately, if your Whole Foods gift card has been lost or stolen, it cannot be replaced. However, if it got lost in the mail, you can call the helpline at 1-844-936-2273 or email w[email protected], and they will track down your card.
You’ll need to treat your Whole Foods gift card just as carefully as you would cash because, like cash, the gift card cannot be replaced if it gets lost or stolen.
If you ordered a gift card online, Whole Foods recommends UPS for your shipping method, which is more secure.
However, shipping delays happen, so you need to allow enough time for the card to be processed and shipped.
After that time, you can call the helpline at 1-844-936-2273 or email whole[email protected] and they will track down your gift card.
You should now have a good idea of how to buy and use your Whole Foods gift card. However, if you still have further questions, Whole Foods has an amazing support line that you can call. The helpful staff will gladly any questions or concerns you may have.
If you’re interested in learning more about Whole Foods, check out the articles below.
Whole Foods Pickup: Everything You Need to Know Before Ordering
Whole Foods Delivery: How to Order Online With Amazon Prime
Whole Foods Cakes: Your Guide to Ordering Cakes From Whole Foods Bakery
Amazon Fresh vs. Whole Foods: What’s the Difference?
Does Whole Foods Take EBT? (Yes, Here’s What You Need to Know)