The Best Sides and Snacks on the Sonic Menu
When it comes to fast food, there are certain things that Sonic Drive-In does better than anyone else.
Their menu is packed with all sorts of deliciousness, from starters and sides to main meals, desserts, and unique drinks.
And while their burgers and sandwiches may get all the glory, today we’re going to take a look at the best sides and snacks that Sonic offers.
You can find all these delicious items in the Snacks & Sides section of the Sonic menu.
Whether you’re in the mood for something savory or sweet, we have an item for you on our list.
So let’s get started!
You know what they say, “mozzarella sticks are like potato chips—you can’t have just one.”
And that’s certainly the case with Sonic’s mozzarella sticks.
But what about these golden fried morsels of cheese that make them so addicting?
Is it the stringy, gooey mozzarella cheese? The crispy, seasoned breading? Or is it the marinara dipping sauce?
It’s all of the above. Sonic’s mozzarella sticks are made with real mozzarella cheese that is battered and fried to perfection.
When you bite into one of these bad boys, the cheese pulls away in that amazing stringy way that only mozzarella can.
It’s an indulgence, but one that is so worth it.
- Small (4 pieces): 390 calories, 15g protein, 40g carbohydrates, 19g fat
- Medium (6 pieces): 590 calories, 23g protein, 61g carbohydrates, 29g fat
- Large (8 pieces): 780 calories, 31g protein, 79g carbohydrates, 38g fat
Broccoli Cheddar Tots
If you don’t think broccoli can ever taste good, think again. These tots are a delicious and unique way to get your vegetables in.
They’re made with real broccoli and cheddar cheese and fried to perfection.
The result is a tot that is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, with a cheesy, veggie-packed flavor that will have you hooked.
- Small: 210 calories, 4g protein, 17g carbohydrates, 13g fat
- Medium: 330 calories, 6g protein, 28g carbohydrates, 21g fat
- Large: 530 calories, 9g protein, 45g carbohydrates, 35g fat
There’s just something about tots that makes them irresistible.
Maybe it’s the fact that they’re bite-sized so that you can pop a whole bunch of them into your mouth at once.
Or it’s because they’re fried and have that nice, crispy exterior with a soft and fluffy interior.
Whatever the reason, tots are equally delicious when eaten plain or dipped in one of Sonic’s sauces.
- Small: 250 calories, 2g protein, 30g carbohydrates, 13g fat
- Medium: 360 calories, 3g protein, 43g carbohydrates, 29g fat
- Large: 580 calories, 5g protein, 69g carbohydrates, 31g fat
Chili Cheese Tots
If you think Sonic’s tot is incredible, wait till you try their Chili Cheese Tots.
These tots are the same delicious bite-sized potato pillows you know and love, but with a chili and cheese twist.
They’re covered in Sonic’s signature chili, and shredded cheddar cheese, making for one indulgent and delicious snack.
- Small: 350 calories, 7g protein, 32g carbohydrates, 21g fat
- Medium: 530 calories, 12g protein, 47g carbohydrates, 32g fat
- Large: 960 calories, 19g protein, 92g carbohydrates, 57g fat
If you are not a fan of chili, you may still be a fan of potatoes and cheese. This is when you would want to try out Sonic’s Cheese Tots.
It’s just like the original tots but with shredded cheddar cheese on top.
These little balls of cheesy goodness will make you forget about everything else around you.
- Small: 310 calories, 6g protein, 30g carbohydrates, 19g fat
- Medium: 450 calories, 8g protein, 43g carbohydrates, 28g fat
- Large: 840 calories, 13g protein, 86g carbohydrates, 50g fat
If you love traditional fries before all the pre-cut frozen potatoes, you must try Sonic’s fries.
These are some of the best fast food fries around. They’re natural-cut with the skin left on to give it a crispy texture.
With just the right amount of seasoning, they’re perfect for dipping in one of Sonic’s many sauces or eating plain.
Either way, you’re sure to enjoy every last bite.
- Small: 250 calories, 3g protein, 33g carbohydrates, 12g fat
- Medium: 290 calories, 3g protein, 38g carbohydrates, 13g fat
- Large: 470 calories, 5g protein, 63g carbohydrates, 22g fat
Chili Cheese Fries
Sonic’s Chili Cheese Fries are hand-cut fries covered in a warm cheddar cheese sauce and topped with chili.
They are served fresh and hot, and they are absolutely delicious.
They’re the perfect food to indulge in when you’re craving comfort food or something piping hot to warm you up on a cold winter day.
Sonic’s Chili Cheese Fries are so versatile that they can be eaten as a meal or as a side dish.
If you’re looking for something to pair them with, we recommend one of Sonic’s burgers or hot dogs.
But really, anything goes! These fries are so good that they can stand on their own.
- Small: 350 calories, 8g protein, 36g carbohydrates, 19g fat
- Medium: 450 calories, 12g protein, 42g carbohydrates, 26g fat
- Large: 710 calories, 18g protein, 70g carbohydrates, 40g fat
If you are craving some poutine, you will love these Cheese Fries from Sonic.
These are hand-cut french fries loaded with cheddar cheese sauce and shredded cheddar cheese.
So what makes Sonic’s Cheese Fries so darn good?
First, they’re nice and crispy on the outside, thanks to the french fry coating.
Then, when you bite them, the nacho cheese sauce coats your taste buds with gooey and savory flavors.
If you want to create a perfect storm, we suggest stuffing your cheese fries into the Sonic hot dogs!
- Small: 310 calories, 6g protein, 34g carbohydrates, 17g fat
- Medium: 380 calories, 9g protein, 39g carbohydrates, 22g fat
- Large: 600 calories, 12g protein, 64g carbohydrates, 33g fat
Ched “R” Peppers
If you are a jalapeno pepper fan, you must try the Sonic Ched “R” Peppers.
These cheddar cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers are breaded and fried to golden brown perfection.
They are served with a ranch dipping sauce on the side, which takes the heat level down a notch and makes them even more addicting.
If you love spicy, cheesy, and crispy food, these peppers are definitely for you.
But beware that they might leave your mouth feeling like it’s on fire!
We suggest having one of Sonic’s milkshakes in hand just to cool things down.
- Small (4 pieces): 440 calories, 9g protein, 37g carbohydrates, 28g fat
- Medium (6 pieces): 710 calories, 13g protein, 56g carbohydrates, 48g fat
- Large (8 pieces): 880 calories, 17g protein, 74g carbohydrates, 57g fat
Sonic’s Onion Rings are made with real onions that are hand-breaded and fried to perfection.
They are good because the crispy breading encases a juicy, flavorful onion piece.
You’ll be transported to flavor town when you bite into one of these onion rings!
These perfect little rings are the ideal complement to any meal.
They go great with a burger and fries or as a standalone snack. They also pair well with a cold soda or Sonic’s famous lemonade.
- Small: 440 calories, 6g protein, 55g carbohydrates, 21g fat
- Medium: 580 calories, 8g protein, 74g carbohydrates, 29g fat
- Large: 800 calories, 11g protein, 101g carbohydrates, 39g fat
Fried Cookie Dough Bites a la Mode
The Fried Cookie Dough Bites a la Mode is exactly what it sounds like: a bite-sized piece of fried chocolate chip cookie dough served with a scoop of ice cream for dipping.
The warm, slightly crunchy, and gooey cookie dough combined with the cold, creamy ice cream is heavenly.
It is an experience you must try at least once on the Sonic menu.
- 440 calories, 5g protein, 50g carbohydrates, 25g fat
Cinnabon Cinnasnacks with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cinnabon is known for its delicious cinnamon rolls, and now they’ve taken that same great flavor and put it into a snackable form with their new Cinnasnacks.
These little bites of heaven are made with the same cinnamon, sweet dough as their iconic cinnamon rolls, but they’re bite-sized and come with a delectable cream cheese frosting for dipping.
These things are seriously addictive. The dough is soft and fluffy, and the flavor is spot on.
And the cream cheese frosting takes them over the top; it’s rich and creamy and complements the cinnamon flavor perfectly.
If you’re a fan of cinnamon rolls, you need to try these Cinnasnacks ASAP.
- 3 pieces: 540 calories, 6g protein, 55g carbohydrates, 31g fat
- 5 pieces: 790 calories, 11g protein, 80g carbohydrates, 47g fat
Regular FRITOS Chili Cheese Wrap
The Sonic Regular FRITOS Chili Cheese Wrap is a soft flour tortilla filled with chili, cheese, and Fritos corn chips.
It’s then grilled until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is nice and crispy.
This wrap is the perfect combination of cheesy, crunchy, and savory.
The chili is flavorful and hearty, while the Fritos add a nice crunch. And the cheese brings it all together. It goes well with just about anything.
If you want to keep it simple, you can enjoy it as is. Or you can add some salsa for an extra bit of flavor.
You could also pair it with a side of fries or onion rings.
The sky is the limit when it comes to pairing this delicious wrap.
- 650 calories, 19g protein, 62g carbohydrates, 35g fat
Soft Pretzel Twist
The Sonic $1.99 Soft Pretzel Twist is a giant, fluffy pretzel that’s been twisted into a spiral and then baked to perfection.
You can get it with or without cheese, but we highly recommend getting it with cheese because it tastes better.
This pretzel is so good since it’s the perfect mix of salty and sweet.
The pretzel is nice and fluffy, and the cheese sauce is creamy and rich. Plus, at just $1.99, it’s a great value.
- 380 calories, 9g protein, 45g carbohydrates, 17g fat
Jumbo Popcorn Chicken
The Jumbo Popcorn Chicken from Sonic is a hearty portion of tender, juicy chicken that has been breaded and fried to perfection.
The ingredients for this dish are simple: chicken breaded with flour, salt, pepper, and paprika.
Then it’s fried in Canola oil until it’s golden brown and crispy. As for the dipping sauce, you can choose from the ranch, honey mustard, BBQ, or Buffalo.
Buffalo Sauced Jumbo Popcorn Chicken
Sonic’s Buffalo Sauced Jumbo Popcorn Chicken is a dish that consists of crispy fried chicken bites that are smothered in a zesty Buffalo sauce.
It is the same original Sonic’s Jumbo Popcorn Chicken, but with an added buffalo twist.
The chicken is just as tender and juicy, and the breading is still lovely and crispy.
But what takes this dish to the next level is the Buffalo sauce. It’s spicy and tangy and complements the chicken perfectly.
If you’re a fan of Buffalo chicken, you need to try this dish.
- Medium: 560 calories, 24g protein, 37g carbohydrates, 5g fat
- Large: 940 calories, 37g protein, 59g carbohydrates, 62g fat
Honey BBQ Sauced Jumbo Popcorn Chicken
We all love fast food. It’s greasy, it’s salty, and it’s delicious.
There’s just something about those golden fried chicken nuggets that we can’t resist.
But sometimes, fast food can be a little basic.
If you think the Sonic Jumbo Popcorn Chicken is too plain, try their Honey BBQ Sauced Jumbo Popcorn Chicken.
Still the fantastic juicy chicken but coated with the sweet and savory Honey BBQ sauce.
And pairing the yummy nuggets with the Sonic Cherry Limeade will make your taste buds dance!
- Medium: 640 calories, 24g protein, 73g carbohydrates, 28g fat
- Large: 980 calories, 37g protein, 111g carbohydrates, 43g fat
This Sonic American classic wraps sweet corn batter around a delicious beef dog and fries the layer to a fluffy yet crispy delight.
The slight sweetness from the outer layer and the savory dog in the middle makes for a fantastic combination that will have your taste buds thanking you.
Sonic’s Corn Dogs are a must-have when you find yourself at the drive-in.
They’re excellent for a quick snack or meal when craving something different.
- 230 calories, 6g protein, 23g carbohydrates, 13g fat
If you’re extra hungry and want to add a snack or side to your Sonic meal, be sure to check out some of these delicious options on our list.
And if you’re in the mood for something sweet, don’t forget about their famous shakes and slushes to go with your snack!
For more information about Sonic, check out the articles below.