BJ’s Curbside Pickup: How to Shop Your Club Without Leaving Your Car
Many stores have made grocery shopping easier and, in many cases, safer by offering curbside pickup to their customers. Curbside pickup is a service that allows you to shop online and pick up your order outside the store without leaving your car.
You can place a curbside pickup order at BJ’s using their website or the app. BJ’s curbside pickup service is free; however, you must have a membership to place an order. Digital coupons and instant savings are automatically applied to curbside pickup orders, but BJ’s does not accept printed coupons for online orders.
Ordering with BJ’s curbside pickup is simple, but it’s important to show up to the store prepared. In this article, we’ll cover all you need to know to take full advantage of BJ’s curbside pickup option!
Did you hear? Curbside pickup is now available at all BJ’s locations. 🎉 Order from https://t.co/S118P4MztB or the BJ’s App for contact-free pickup on thousands of items. Learn more: https://t.co/hwi4GMSN2z pic.twitter.com/rDZzJYR8Pi— BJ’s Wholesale (@BJsWholesale) September 23, 2020
How Does BJ’s Curbside Pickup Work?
To use curbside pickup at BJ’s, place a “Free Pickup Today” order using the BJ’s website or the app. The Curbside Pickup feature is a free service available to members at any BJ’s location. However, the selected store must have your items in stock to fulfill your Curbside Pickup order.
If you haven’t already, be sure to download the BJ’s mobile app before leaving your house to pick up your curbside order.
This is important because you will be checking in using the mobile app once arriving at your designated Free Pickup spot outside the store.
Checking in via the mobile app lets the BJ’s store associates know that you’ve arrived and are ready to pick up your curbside order.
When you arrive to pick up your curbside order, park at one of the designated pickup spaces outside the store. Then, sign in to the BJ’s app, select In-Club, Pickup Check-In, and then tap Curbside Pickup.
Enter your car brand and color into the BJ’s mobile app so a clerk can find your car. Finally, open your trunk so a BJ’s employee can load your order into your car, contact-free!
How to Order BJ’s Online
To shop at BJ’s online, you will need a BJ’s membership. To create an online account, use your name, address, and membership number to sign in. Then, you can place a BJ’s order online using their website or the app.
To order from BJ’s website, you’ll need to follow the steps below:
- Navigate to bjs.com.
- Create an account or sign in to your existing account using your BJ’s membership number (located on the back of your Membership Card), your name, and address.
- A BJ’s membership is necessary to create an account and order online. BJ’s memberships range from $55/year to $110/year depending on the plan, with discounts available for US veterans.
- Once you are signed into your account, you are ready to begin ordering online. On the home page, in the upper left corner, you will be prompted to choose a store location. By pressing the expand arrow, you will be able to enter your zip code to identify the store location closest to you.
- To shop from a specific category of items, browse from the dropdown menu labeled “All Categories” on the left-hand side of the homepage.
- Add items to your online cart by clicking the red “Add to Cart” button beside the product description.
- On the product description screen, you will be prompted to select a pickup option. Click “Free Pickup” at your local BJ’s location.
- Once you have added all your desired items to your cart, navigate to checkout, and make sure you have the BJ’s app downloaded on your mobile phone to check in for curbside pickup. You will need a BJ’s account to sign in to the mobile app and check in.
To order from the BJ’s Wholesale Club mobile app, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Download the BJ’s Wholesale Club app from Google Play or the Apple Store.
- Sign in or create an account by clicking the profile icon in the upper-right corner of the home page.
- To create an account, you will need a membership number, which can be found on the back of your BJ’s Membership Card.
- If you do not have one already, it’s important to remember that a BJ’s membership will be necessary to make an account on the app.
- Once you are signed in to your account on the BJ’s app, you can shop online by selecting the “Shop” tab at the bottom left of the screen.
- Checkout and select “Free Pickup”
Can You Change Your BJ’s Curbside Pickup Order?
Once you have clicked “Submit Order” online, your order has been officially submitted to BJ’s. Unfortunately, BJ’s does not generally allow customers to edit or change their orders after submitting them. To get in touch with customer service about your online order, call 866-425-7932.
To simply edit the items in your cart before checking out, navigate to your shopping cart on their website or the app.
To view items in your cart, select the cart icon in the upper right corner of the website or the Cart icon on the bottom bar of your app.
To change the quantity of any selected item in your cart, simply press the + or – button next to the item listing to increase or decrease.
To delete an item from your cart, click “Remove” on the left side of the item listing on your screen.
To cancel an online BJ’s order that has not yet been fulfilled, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your BJ’s account.
- Hover your mouse over your account name and select “Track Order” from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the “Order Details” tab on the right side of the screen.
- You will be prompted to select a reason for cancellation.
- After choosing a reason from the dropdown menu, click the “Cancel” button to confirm your order cancellation.
Once you place your pickup order at BJ’s, you have to pick it up until the close of business the day after your selected pickup date. Otherwise, BJ’s will cancel if the order is not picked up
You can return your pickup order at the Member Services desk inside the store. However, BJ’s does not allow customers to exchange items from their curbside pickup orders or receive store credit for returns.
Does BJ’s Accept Coupons for Curbside Pickup?
Digital Clipless Coupons and Instant Savings will automatically be applied to your BJ’s curbside pickup order, if available. However, BJ’s does not accept paper coupons for Curbside Pickup or any online order.
To find digital coupons and apply to your BJ’s order online, follow these steps:
- Navigate to BJ’s.com and select the “Coupons” tab at the top of the screen to browse available deals and apply them to your next order.
- Load the desired coupons onto your BJ’s Membership Card to use them on your next order.
Can You Have Someone Else Pickup Your BJ’s Order?
If you need someone else to pick up your BJ’s order, it’s possible to send another person from your household if they meet BJ’s pickup requirements. BJ’s online orders must be picked up by a Primary or Household Member who has the same Membership Number used to place the Curbside Pickup order.
This means that either the individual who placed the order or another Household Member on the same membership plan must be present to pick up the order.
For example, if you and a roommate both share a BJ’s Membership and your roommate is a Household Member, they can drive to your selected BJ’s location to get your order.
BJ’s customers with an Inner Circle membership or a BJ’s Perks Rewards Primary Membership can add one Household Member to their membership plan, free of charge.
Household Members will receive their own Membership Card and will be able to pick up curbside orders for their household.
It’s important to note that Household Members should bring a valid photo ID and their Membership Card to BJ’s to pick up orders.
Do You Tip BJ’s Curbside Pickup?
BJ’s does not require customers to tip store associates for Curbside Pickup. Also, there is no option to tip employees who bring the order to your car.
However, if you feel like giving a tip to the BJ’s employee who brought the Curbside Pickup order to your car, go ahead! Just make sure you tip in cash, as there is no digital option to tip on the BJ’s website or the app
Can You Use EBT for BJ’s Curbside Pickup?
As of 2021, Customers in Florida, North Carolina, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Ohio, Main, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and New York can use EBT to pay for Curbside Pickup orders at BJ’s. BJ’s also stated that they would expand EBT payments for pickup orders to all states participating in the SNAP Online Purchasing Pilot eventually.
Customers in the above states can now order groceries online for In-Club Pickup or Curbside Pickup using their EBT card for SNAP-eligible items.
There are several other payment options to choose from, and BJ’s website also allows you to check your EBT card balance.
Visit bjs.com/help/ebt/ for more information on how to use an EBT card to shop at BJs online.
If you’re looking for a way to order groceries or other supplies online from BJ’s, Curbside Pickup is a good option for customers with memberships. If you don’t have a membership, you can sign up for a plan to start receiving membership benefits.
Ordering curbside pickup through the mobile app and checking in is easy, and a BJ’s team member will bring your order out to your car so that you don’t have to go inside the store. So say goodbye to the days searching the store aisles for your favorite products–with the Curbside Pickup option, BJ’s has got you covered!
If you’re interested in finding out more grocery shopping tips, check out the related articles below.