8 Best Whataburger Shake Flavors to Try
We are always up for a good milkshake and malt. Their thick, creamy, icy-cold texture makes them the perfect drink to accompany a burger – or any meal, for that matter.
And friends, we are here to tell you that Whataburger milkshakes do not disappoint. In fact, they have one of the best fast food milkshakes out there.
From classic chocolate to more unique flavors like the white chocolate raspberry, Whataburger has a shake flavor for everyone.
If you are wondering about the difference between milkshakes and malts, the main difference is that malts also contain malt milk powder, which gives them a slightly nutty flavor.
In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the best Whataburger shake flavors to try during your next visit.
And for all conscious eaters out there, we’ve included the nutritional information for each shake so you can make an informed decision.
So without further ado, here are the Whataburger milkshake flavors.
Whataburger’s Vanilla Shake is made with natural vanilla ice cream and milk. It’s rich, creamy, and downright delicious.
No secret ingredients or fancy flavorings — just good old-fashioned ice cream and milk.
It’s just a classic vanilla milkshake and tastes exactly like you would expect it to taste.
It’s sweet, creamy, and delicious.
And the great thing about this shake is that it serves as a fantastic dip for the Whataburger brownie and hot apple pies.
- Small (16 oz): 400 calories, 8g protein, 68g carbohydrates, 10g fat
- Medium (20 oz): 500 calories, 10g protein, 110g carbohydrates, 12g fat
- Large (32 oz): 800 calories, 16g protein, 136g carbohydrates, 20g fat
The Whataburger Strawberry Shake is a scrumptious alternative if you are not a chocolate person.
This shake is created with real strawberries blended with milk and vanilla ice cream.
The result is a sweet, refreshing, and decadent treat that is perfect for any occasion.
It is not as thick as the chocolate or malt shakes, but it is still creamy and delicious.
The strawberry flavor is intense and not too sweet.
The fruity aroma and flavor make this shake perfect for summertime.
- Small (16 oz): 430 calories, 7g protein, 77g carbohydrates, 9g fat
- Medium (20 oz): 550 calories, 9g protein, 101g carbohydrates, 11g fat
- Large (32 oz): 686 calories, 15g protein, 158g carbohydrates, 18g fat
You can never go wrong with a chocolate shake. It’s a classic for a reason.
The Whataburger Chocolate Shake is made with vanilla soft-serve ice cream and chocolate syrup. That’s it. No frills, no fancy ingredients.
Just two simple things combine to create one delicious treat.
It’s not overloaded with sugar or artificial flavors.
The shake is also tasty and thick, which makes it extra satisfying to drink.
And the chocolate flavor is intense and will satisfy any sweet tooth.
This shake goes great with just about anything.
You can enjoy it on its own as a tasty treat or pair it with a burger or fries for a complete meal.
Our favorite choice is to enjoy this shake with a side of onion rings.
- Small (16 oz): 430 calories, 8g protein, 77g carbohydrates, 9g fat
- Medium (20 oz): 550 calories,10g protein, 101g carbohydrates, 12g fat
- Large (32 oz): 860 calories, 16g protein, 157g carbohydrates, 19g fat
White Chocolate Raspberry Shake
The White Chocolate Raspberry shake from Whataburger is a blend of vanilla ice cream, white chocolate syrup, and raspberries.
It is the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
The raspberries add a lovely sweetness to the shake, while the white chocolate helps balance the tartness.
This flavor is a limited-time offer, so grab one when you see it on the menu.
If you’re looking for something to pair with your White Chocolate Raspberry Shake, we recommend getting one of Whataburger’s iconic burgers.
The savory flavors of the burger will perfectly complement the shake’s sweetness. Trust me; you won’t be disappointed!
- Small (16 oz): 450 calories, 10g protein, 81g carbohydrates, 11g fat
- Medium (20 oz): 560 calories, 12g protein, 101g carbohydrates, 14g fat
- Large (32 oz): 900 calories, 19g protein, 162g carbohydrates, 22g fat
White Chocolate Raspberry Malt
If you love white chocolate with a hint of nutty flavor, we suggest getting Whataburger’s White Chocolate Raspberry Malt.
It includes the same ingredients as the shake, plus malt powder for that extra flavor kick.
The malt powder also gives the malt a slightly thicker texture, which we love.
Compared to the milkshake, the malt is a little less sweet and more filling.
So if you’re looking for something to satisfy your hunger, the malt is the way to go.
- Small (16 oz): 460 calories, 7g protein, 86g carbohydrates, 9g fat
- Medium (20 oz): 570 calories, 9g protein, 108g carbohydrates, 11g fat
- Large (32 oz): 910 calories, 14g protein, 173g carbohydrates, 18g fat
If you love the nutty taste of malt and the sweetness of strawberries, then you’ll love the Whataburger Strawberry Malt.
This shake is made with real strawberries, malt milk powder, milk, and soft-serve vanilla ice cream.
This malt is seriously delectable.
The strawberries add the perfect sweetness, and the malt gives it that classic milkshake taste that we all know and love.
It’s thick, creamy, and has a unique flavor that is sure to please.
If you are looking for the perfect food to go with this extraordinary malt, we suggest getting the Whataburger Patty Melt.
Cycling between the intense, savory flavor and the fruity malt is an experience you must try at least once.
- Small (16 oz): 455 calories, 7g protein, 84g carbohydrates, 9g fat
- Medium (20 oz): 570 calories, 8g protein, 108g carbohydrates, 10g fat
- Large (32 oz): 686 calories, 14g protein, 168g carbohydrates, 17g fat
If you find the vanilla milkshake a little plain, consider getting Whataburger’s Vanilla Malt.
The extra layer of flavor from the malt powder gives this shake a more decadent flavor without being too sweet.
This malt is made with malt milk powder, milk, and soft-serve vanilla ice cream.
The result is a thick, velvety malt with subtle sweetness and a nutty flavor.
It is the perfect choice for those who want something classic yet unique.
If you want to take this malt to the next level, get the Whataburger Pie or cinnamon roll and dip it into the shake.
The extra cinnamon flavor makes this vanilla malt a match made in heaven.
It is also a great drink to go with any breakfast items.
Our favorite is the Pancake Platter and Sausage Breakfast Bowl.
- Small (16 oz): 415 calories, 8g protein, 73g carbohydrates, 10g fat
- Medium (20 oz): 520 calories, 10g protein, 93g carbohydrates, 12g fat
- Large (32 oz): 830 calories, 15g protein, 145g carbohydrates, 19g fat
The Chocolate Malt is our favorite shake at Whataburger.
If you are craving something that tastes like Nutella in milkshake form, you must try it at least once.
This malt is made with chocolate syrup, malt milk powder, milk, and soft-serve vanilla ice cream.
The result is a thick, creamy, ultra-chocolaty yet nutty malt that will send your taste buds into overdrive.
It’s rich, indulgent, and will satisfy any sweet tooth.
If you want the ultimate chocolate experience, get the brownie or chocolate chip cookie, and dip them into your malt.
The thick consistency of Whataburger’s Chocolate Malt will make you feel like you’re eating a chocolate ice cream sandwich.
- Small (16 oz): 455 calories, 8g protein, 84g carbohydrates, 9g fat
- Medium (20 oz): 570 calories, 9g protein, 107g carbohydrates, 11g fat
- Large (32 oz): 900 calories, 15g protein, 169g carbohydrates, 18g fat
Whataburger is best known for their delicious burgers, but their shakes should not be overlooked.
If you are looking for a classic malt or milkshake, give the Whataburger milkshakes and malts a try.
Although they may not have as many unique flavors as some other fast food chains, the flavors they have are executed flawlessly.
You will surely be satisfied no matter which Whataburger shake flavor you choose.
For more information about Whataburger, check out the articles below.