A Guide to Ordering From the In-N-Out Secret Menu
In-N-Out is undoubtedly one of the best burger chains in America. Founded in 1948 in California, this fast food chain has been serving delicious burgers, fries, and shakes with hand-picked fresh, natural ingredients.
While In-N-Out is best known for its classic menu items, they are also known for customizing your order. And you must have heard about the famous In-N-Out secret menu that is full of deliciousness!
Although their secret menu is now “not so secret,” the items are still worth ordering.
To make it easier for you to enjoy the hidden offerings at In-N-Out, here is our list of the best items from the In-N-Out secret menu.
We’ve also included tips and hacks when ordering at In-N-Out, so keep reading to the end!
Double Meat Burger
The In-N-Out Double Meat Burger contains two patties of 100% pure beef, grilled onions, hand-leafed lettuce, tomato, and In-N-Out’s signature sauce on a freshly baked bun.
There are a few reasons why Double Meat Burger is so amazing.
First, the beef is fresh and never frozen, so the burgers are always juicy and flavorful.
Secondly, the burgers are cooked to order, so they’re always hot and delicious.
And last but not least, the secret sauce ties everything together and gives the burger extra “je ne sais quoi.”
In short, the Double Meat Burger is full of naturally delicious flavors.
- 490 calories, 25g protein, 39g carbohydrates, 26g fat
There are few things in the fast food world that inspire as much loyalty and passion as In-N-Out Burger.
The California-based chain has a cult following unlike any other, and for a good reason.
The 3×3 Burger is a triple cheeseburger with three beef patties, three slices of cheese on tomato slices, hand-leafed lettuce, their signature spread, and the famous caramelized onions sandwiched between a hot toasted bun.
The beef patties exude flavor, and the cheese melts perfectly over them.
The caramelized onion sizzling in the beef fat rounds off the ensemble with a sweet and savory finish.
If you are looking for a beefy, cheesy fast-food burger, the 3×3 should be your go-to choice.
It lives up to its reputation as one of the most popular items on In-N-Out’s secret menu.
- 860 calories, 52g protein, 39g carbohydrates, 55g fat
When you think nothing can top the 3×3 Burger, In-N-Out takes it up a notch with the 4×4 Burger.
This burger contains four American beef patties, four slices of melted cheese, tomato slices, hand-leafed lettuce, grilled onions, and In-N-Out’s signature spread; all served on a freshly toasted bun.
This burger is truly a sight to behold!
The beefy cheese tower of deliciousness provides a mouth-watering taste that will satisfy all your cravings.
The 4×4 Burger isn’t for the faint of heart, as it packs in so much beef and grease.
But this is the way to go if you are looking for an over-the-top burger experience.
- 900 calories, 63g protein, 8g carbohydrates, 67g fat
The Grilled Cheese is a perfect sandwich when you want some simpler comfort food.
This sandwich contains a melted slice of American cheese, tomato, hand-leafed lettuce, spread, and grilled onion on a bun.
The combination of flavors provides a nice balance between the creamy cheese and the subtle sweetness of the onions.
The Grilled Cheese is an excellent option if you want something a bit lighter and more flavorful.
It is also a fantastic choice for vegetarians who love cheese. However, remember that the onions are grilled in beef fat – So skip the onions if they can’t grill them without the beef fat.
- 380 calories, 1g protein, 39g carbohydrates, 21g fat
Protein Style Burger
If you’re looking for a healthier option, you’ll want to try In-N-Out’s Protein Style Burger.
This burger comes wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun and can be ordered with or without American cheese.
It is an excellent burger for all the high-protein, low-carb dieters out there.
It still contains the same fresh beef patty and In-N-Out’s delicious spread, but without all the carbs that come with a bun.
Depending on your hunger level, you can order the 3×3 and 4×4 burgers this way.
The Protein Style Burger is perfect for those looking to indulge without sacrificing their diet goals.
- 900 calories, 63g protein, 11g carbohydrates, 67g fat
Animal Style Burger
What exactly is In-N-Out’s Animal Style?
Basically, it is beef patties grilled with mustard to give it a unique flavor and served with all available toppings.
It also comes with a special sauce that gives it an irresistible Thousand Island-like tangy and sweet flavor.
The Animal Style Burger is one of the most popular items on In-N-Out’s secret menu.
You can ask for any of the burgers in Animal Style, including the 3×3, 4×4, and Protein Style Burger.
But the 4×4 Animal Style Cheeseburger is the ultimate In-N-Out experience that must be tried at least once.
If you are worried that you cannot finish the burger in one go, you can always ask the staff to slice it in halves or quarters to make it easier to share.
- 1100 calories, 70g protein, 40g carbohydrates, 78g fat
In-N-Out Menu Hacks
Here are some of the most popular hacks when ordering at In-N-Out:
- You can order medium rare burger patties if you want a fancier restaurant burger flavor.
- If you hate chopped onions, request whole-grilled onions instead.
- Request for chopped chilis if you love spicy food.
- You can always opt for no buns if you are on a keto or low-carb diet.
- You can request a veggie burger with only lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles.
- Request the Flying Dutchman for a two-patties and two-cheese burger with no vegetables.
- Request a Scooby Snack for a simple beef patty by itself when you need a quick protein snack.
- Request a Black & White if you want chocolate and vanilla syrup in your milkshake.
- Get the Neapolitan if you want chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavors in your milkshake.
- Request a Pup Patty for your fur babies to enjoy a saltless patty while you chow down on your In-N-Out burger.
- You can request to cut your burger in halves or quarters if you plan to share.
- Feel free to ask for extra vegetables and spread. They’re free!
- Request Animal Fries for their rendition of cheesy fries with caramelized onions, melted American cheese, and signature sauce.
- Request Roadkill Fries if you want a patty crumbled on top of your Animal Fries.
In-N-Out’s secret menu is a great way to add variety to your burger experience.
The 4×4 Burger, Grilled Cheese Burger, Protein Style Burger, and Animal Style Burger are some of the famous “secret” items you can order from the In-N-Out Secret Menu.
No matter what you choose, you’re sure to enjoy a delicious and unique burger.
In-N-Out burgers are made with all original ingredients without any stuffers. So be prepared to feel fuller with a smaller meal than you usually would.
And remember to ask the staff whether they can grill the onions without beef fat if you are looking for a less fatty burger.
For more information about In-N-Out, check out the articles below.